lauantai 10. toukokuuta 2014

BSPB 8 and Suntsa´s supersimples

It´s time to introduce my jewellery of the international Bead Soup Blog Party. The one organizing this project once again, is amazing Lori Anderson. Nearly 500 people all over the world are involved this party! You can see more of this huge  bead swap in her pages and a list of participants here.
 I'm taking part of the Party for the second time. Last year my partner was lovely Sandra from Germany. I was so sad when my blog pages disappeared, but I tried to collect it somehow again here.

In this year my partner is Karin, an Enlish teacher and a talented jewellery maker from Paris. Let´s go to see what she has made from the soup I sent to her. (Ha haa. I added this picture of my soup after Lori´s Scavenger Hunt #2 for BSBP. This helps to find red and orange at least in her blog. :D)

http://ginkgoetcoquelicot.blogspot.fr/

And the next one is the lovely soup she sent to me. It´s full of beautiful earthy colours which all suits together very well. Even though I used almost only her beads, I still have some beads left. There could have been so many different ways to use this comprehensive soup, but I had a very busy time in my life, so I took the easiest way to work with these beads. My `jewelry taste´ is very simple and I use mostly necklaces. Perhaps that´s the reason I made only necklaces of these beads. I´m sorry of that, and perhaps a little bit of the simplicity... and bad English. ;)

When our kids were small (about twenty years ago...) we travelled a lot with our traveller car around the Europe. This  soup carried me to the past, to the beautiful memories of our summer holiday journeys to the southern Europe.  I loved the Provence and the colors of it. When I saw the colorful bag Karin sent to me I even felt the lovely aromas of that memorable area. It´s truly one the most delightful places on the Earth. 

The pendant Karin sent to me, is the unique ceramic pendant made by Tracee Dock. The beads I took from her soup for this necklace, are copper colored Czech glass beads in different sizes and shapes, sandalwood beads and some colour painted agate beads. Only a few blue mashan jade beads are my own. The necklace is so long that it´s without the clasp.

Cartwheel - Kärrynpyörä:

Next I took the hand painted copper clasp Karin sent to me. It would have been perfect with the pendant, but the long necklace didn´t need it necessarily. So I took the red horn rings and the painted blue mother of pearl beads with my own copper chain (which I changed a little). Very simple, but I think it works.

French rings - Ranskalaiset renkaat:

I hadn´t use any ribbons yet. I made a plait to the short necklace by using the recycled sari silk and the red waxed linen and added some agate beads. Almost everything is still from Karin´s soup. Only the copper parts are my own.

Blackberries - Karhunvatukat:



Then I was going to stop, but there were still some beads left, so I made one necklace more. :) I have made some little changes after taking this picture, but not very big ones. Here you can see more Karin´s  agate beads, the rest of the Czech glass beads and the waxed linen cord. The copper is mine, as well as the bronze leaf, the Czech crystal bead, and the two handmade beads by MiunMaun, my Finnish skilled `bead friend´. The way I made the chain by using the waxed cord and the small Czech beads is `something new´ for me. Everything else is very familiar.

The colours of Provece - Provensen värit: 

Thank you Karin for the lovely soup. You gave me more than the beads;  you gave me a ride to warm memories. :) And thank you Lori for this wonderful opportunity to take part in this enormous Party! I have now so busy time in my life, that I´m afraid I don´t have time to visit many of the blogs very soon, but I promise to do it later.

43 kommenttia:

Mags kirjoitti...

Kärrynpyörä, kertakaikkisen ihana värikimara! Hienosti käytetty ihana helmisatsi!

Unknown kirjoitti...

Ihania helmiä ja kauniita korujahan niistä kehkeytyi. Herkullisia väri- ja materiaaliyhdistelmiä!

Karin G kirjoitti...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love how you make so wonderful "simple" jewelry. I'm happy you could travel back in time with the beads. I loved our partnership and you sent the most beautiful soup to play with. Thank you so much!

Kirsti kirjoitti...

Ihanuuksia ♥

Unknown kirjoitti...

Beautiful jewellery, i love the plaited sari silk necklace its really gorgeous.

ACBeads kirjoitti...

Merja, I absolutely love your simple jewellery. In fact, I've been following your blog for a while. There are several pieces I find favourite: the blackberries necklace (I love the the way you've attached the dangles) and the colours of Provence necklace as well (the intertwining of string and beads with the chain is great).
Great work!
Ana

Helinä kirjoitti...

Voi mitä ihanuuksia!

Othel kirjoitti...

Ihania koruja, Suntsa! Ensimmäisenä ihastuttavat nuo vahvat ja persoonallisesti yhdistellyt värit. Lisäksi koruissa on vahva yhtenäinen tyyli, ne voisi kaikki ripustaa päälleen yhtaikaa. Kärrynpyörä on aivan mahtava ja letitetty nauha mainio idea. Hyvä tyttö!

Lesley kirjoitti...

Lovely designs - great colour matching and I love that first necklace in particular.

MiunMaun kirjoitti...

Jos nää on simppeleitä, niin simppeli on kaunista!
Tuo Karhunvatukka on kertakaikkisen herrrrkullinen, rakastuin siihen täysin.

Korustamo kirjoitti...

Onnitteluni<3 Kaikki ovat valloittavia<3<3<3

PiPa kirjoitti...

Cool pieces, so boho, I particularly love the last necklace: it has the perfect balance and color. Great work

AWJewelry kirjoitti...

your work is beautiful!

Elizabeth kirjoitti...

I love what you did!! Your English is terrific and that Cartwheel necklace is stunning!! well DONE!!

bailaora kirjoitti...

great projects, especially this necklace with sari ribbon! excellent!

Sandra kirjoitti...

Totally love the pieces you created this year, especially the braided necklace. It's the first time I've seen sari silk used like this. :)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

So, so beautiful. I love your eye for color.

la mar de bonita kirjoitti...

That's a lovely idea, the plaited necklace! And I love the use of colours in the french rings necklace. Nice soup, Merja!

Anvil Artifacts kirjoitti...

All of your pieces turned our great but that first one with the ceramic focal is my fav. Lovely.

Karen Mitchell kirjoitti...

I love the idea of the plaited necklace, and the necklace with the ceramic focal is a stunner.

Just Beads kirjoitti...

Wonderful work! My favourite is the Sari Silk necklace, so nice :-)

Sarah kirjoitti...

Those are all so lovely! The plaited silk in particular is gorgeous.

Linda A. kirjoitti...

WOW! *STUNNING* My fav is the first piece - just so gorgeous! I actually pulled some agate out last night and was completely uninspired - thank you for the reminding me of their beauty!

Linda A.
http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

vovsblog kirjoitti...

Such lovely work well done!

Becky Pancake kirjoitti...

Hi Merja, You showcased the focal well in your first necklace. "French Rings" is my favorite. It is designed well. Plaiting the ribbon was a good idea. I like the dangles you made for it. Kudos to you for knotting the waxed cord.

Rachel kirjoitti...

Beautiful work!

Tammy Adams kirjoitti...

Wonderful necklaces. The designs are elegant and all very wearable. Great work with your soup.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) kirjoitti...

Many of the most beautiful designs are "simple" ones, Merja, so these pretty necklaces are in good company :) So nice that your soup brought back memories of your travels :)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I've never been to Provence but now I can sense the "flavor" of the area through your sense of color and design. Such pretty things you made, it must be beautiful country.

Jo-Ann kirjoitti...

Love the French rings necklace. The blue painted mother of pearl beads are wonderful!

Jo-Ann kirjoitti...

Love the French rings necklace. The blue painted mother of pearl beads are wonderful!

Barb Fernald kirjoitti...

Your designs are truly lovely. I especially like the "French Rings" necklace. Everything looks great. Nice job!

Divya N kirjoitti...

very beautiful pieces, simple and wearable

baymoondesign kirjoitti...

Great pieces! Well done!

Kym Hunter Designs kirjoitti...

Your soup ingredients was so pretty and you made such lovely pieces!

Unknown kirjoitti...

Very elegant and stylish work!♥ made with lovely colours and playful techniques. Love the ♥Provence necklace♥ in particular!

Janine Lucas (Esfera Jewelry) kirjoitti...

Lovely pieces! You did a great job with your soup.

Terri kirjoitti...

These are stunning! So wearable! Love the color plate you got to work with! Really Soup-perb!

Kepi kirjoitti...

Gorgeous colors and each piece is absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

CraftyHope kirjoitti...

You may think you made some simple pieces, but I think they are so much more. They are really fantastic.

Cassi kirjoitti...

Beautiful! I especially love that last necklace.

WindDancerStudios kirjoitti...

I love that your soup was able to bring fond memories with it and create new ones as well! Beautifully done!

bairozan kirjoitti...

I love every single piece! The colors, the wired links and the use of fiber and thread make them so special! My favorites are the first and the last necklace!